Thursday 25 April 2013

Sion's opinion on the final performance

   On April 17th, 2013, Mr. Cornell, Ms.Walton and Mrs. Orzsulik's classes all went to the Neilson creative art centre for what we( oh sorry, forgot to mention that I'm actually part of this group, so I'm going to be addressing this as first person) knew was our final performance for the creativity rocks program. You could feel the excitement, anxiousness and even confidence in the air as we walked through the doorway of that
gallery. I thought, "Finally! Look out audience, here's a show to remember!"

  Before I continue my cocky statements of how well we did, let me clarify a few things and give a little background before I thought, "Finally! Look out audience, here's a show to remember!" . The creativity rocks program was a program that we all participated in organized by the staff of the Neilson Creative Art Centre. It was designed to help hone our imagination and learn to get in touch with our creative side. Personally, I found it a little simple as a new-comer in this,(my colleges actually did this before) because all we really did was draw pictures. It did require us to use our imaginations, but I would have personally liked something a bit more challenging. Anyway, after the drawing part of the program, we were later told that we had to make up spoken word poems and make an intricate dance to dance to it. I found this unique, as I've never made a spoken word poem before. However, it was difficult to see the connection to the drawing part of the program. Regardless, we were able to all create unique spoken word poems about the declaration of human rights, and creative dances to go along with it. I personally found it fun, and a good experience.Both the speakers and the dancers who were going to be part of the presentation found themselves undergoing intense practicing to make it better and better. Sometimes, it was quite challenging, but the end result was what me go, "Totally worth it!" at the end. Finally, after so much dedication and work, we were all ready to perform.

   Now back to when we got to the neilson creative art centre. Boy, was it great. Not the beginning, where we had to do a whole rerun of the performance, but when that was over, and we all got pizza! Yes, that was really generous and thoughtful of the staff there, and I thank you once again. However, the pizza wasn't what made the time fly by, but when we all got to go outside to the backyard they had and play! It was amazing, people running around, laughing, it was what really made all the remaining nerves disappear. Soon, the time came for us to present. There weren't that many people watching us, but the fact that many high positioned people were watching was quite nerve wrecking. We weren't backing out though, oh no. We wet up, danced our best, and got a long round of applause afterwards. My mind was a little blank when I was there, but I do remember that feeling of adrenaline pumping through me as I danced it out!(of course, everyone was good) Overall, I thought it was a unique experience, and something that I probably will never face for a long time. I found the weird connection in the program a little, um, weird, but other then that, it was greaat.



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment