Thursday 25 April 2013

I guess it's over....

  Hello people of this website! This is the last blog we will be doing, so I was hoping some creative idea would come. Guess what, there's nothing. B-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-p. *That was my brain.* So, basically I'm supposed to be doing this blog about that trip we all went to, "Creativity Rocks," everything we did there, and the process behind it. So, we all know that we did poems, and what better way then to tell what happened then a poem. Yay! so, this is my last sentence before I go all rhyme on you guys, this is going to be hard....


The Expedition: 

We all went on a expedition
To learn about creativity was our mission
We would make drawings like we do every year
For me, the judges were the only things to fear
But once we arrive
It appears I might possibly survive
We saw art and we were inspired
Our imagination we inquired
Then with pastels we cut through the white of the paper 
Through the colours we caper (search it up) 
We worked long and hard and shared what we had to say
And soon we were on our way
Our colour creation, we left back there
That was all the art I could bear
The Assignment:
Ms. Walton, the teacher of Drama, Dance and Music
She told us of a project, ecstatic
A poem about human rights and a dance to express
So into groups we split with success
All of us having talents we possess
Poems I enjoy already
 With a group of Sabhat, Rashawn and Debbie
We put our pencils to work
Our feelings and screams forth 
I admit, that was the part I enjoyed
We wrote as our words deployed
But the expression did not stop there
Our message we wished to share
So in to groups once again we split 
 With our movements the audience would take a hit
With a group of Abdul, Josh, Tien and I
Speakers and movers, this was worth a try
Our group was smaller than the rest
With two speakers, and two movers, we would try our best
"Everyone has a right to a fair and public trial" 
Was the statement we received, 
The planning sure did take a while
We sought a solution for the limitation
 Join the movers in the last move, was our alteration
With other classes, we practiced
This performance should be perfected
Though there still was a misunderstanding
What were the people of Neilson Arts demanding?
What did the art of the past days relate to the poems that we made?
Everything seemed to be in a haze
But we continued eagerly 
At four o'clock, on a Wednesday afternoon we rode off on the bus freely

The Performance:
Once again we arrived at the place
That we had said farewell to months ago
But this time the gallery had a new face
And art was no longer my foe
Blue the colour of 7C, White the colour of 7B, Green  the colour of  7/8G
 Beautiful colours to see (My favourite colours!)
We prepared once more for the presentation
Forgetting the need for an explanation
Between the art and the poems and the human rights
For the place was a great sight
But admittedly, the cookies and pizza tasted best
But to present was our real quest
While the time passed
The question I still asked 
How does this all work together
But either way, we passed the time with a game
Making our performance the best was our aim
I cannot recall the time when the guests arrived
My anxiousness revived
The groups followed the order
The distance between our time and now was getting shorter
When our turn was close
The green people (7/8G) rushed to the stage and took their pose
The mike was passed down from one to the other
It (the mike) would make noise once in a while
It reached further
The dancers went on withe their style
I was anxious and excited
The room was brightly lighted....(You try thinking of so many rhymes!)
Then it was our turn
My stomach started to churn
But we said our lines with the most conviction
The last few lines were our constriction

"I declare.... Everyone has the right to a fair and public trial.
Accused of a crime I didn't do
Just standing there when the guns went pew
Walked down the aisle in an orange jumpsuit
Had to follow orders of they'd shoot

It was almost time
The last verse we would chime 
All I needed was a chance
Decided guilty at a glance
They can't play fair if only they knew
I was accused of a crime I didn't do"

We stood in front of the stage
In a triangle, holding our gaze
Abdul trapped in the center
And we spoke with a loud tenor
"I was accused of a crime I didn't do"
Our part was over and we left the stage
We hadn't failed, so my fear could fade
The poem that we had written
Debbie, Sabhat, Josh and I
It was almost finished
The speakers yelled the line out
The dancers bent down, there movement like a shout
"That I am no longer satisfied with this illusion of power"
The audience cheered
Art was now not something I feared
So I ate more cookies (Not too many! I'm not that greedy!)
And soon enough we were on our bus once more
Back home, what a bore
But the poems and dances were done
From art I'll always run
And the program was really fun! :D

    Whew!Now that took a while, so don't you people dare under-appreciate it... hmph!
Well, I guess the program was really fun, but I still don't really, perfectly get the whole connection. Hmmmm...
  Oh well, that was my poem! You know how long it takes to write that many rhymes. Well, I couldn't mention everything  so, get ready for even more writing! Mwah haha...this is so tiring. There was a poet there too, hmm...Andrea Thompson? She was a really nice too, her poem was great as well. I really don't have much to say, well, there were a whole lot of politics in that room! By the way, the artwork was absolutely amazing and so much fun to see! I remember seeing all of the ones I commented on, and a bunch of people's that I had no idea about. =.= By the way Baarath, your's still makes me feel queasy, not in an offensive way! It was a really nice experience overall. I'm not sure if I stressed this fact enough, but what was the connection? Well, Ena did try to explain, but I don't think that it was that visible of a connection, so I didn't understand what she was saying. It did feel like an assignment instead, since I couldn't see the connection. Anyways, what were your feelings on the relationship between the human rights and the paintings? But over all, at the end all I have to say is...

I guess it's over....

P.S You're not allowed to criticize my poem, unless it's good! Actually, you can. It's gonna be called constructive criticism either way. Hope you liked it....

P.P.S It feels so good to be only doing one blog this time....

P.P.P.S Here is the poem my group wrote, if you didn't get it; we wrote different poems than we presented! 

They say I can say what I feel
All I wanna say is none of this is real
We built up a facade with bricks made of lies
But all it is doing is leading to our ultimate demise
I want to proclaim from the tallest of towers
That I am no longer satisfied with this illusion of power...

P.P.P.P.S the pizza, cookies and juice were good!This is my last P.S. 














                            








No comments:

Post a Comment