Friday 26 April 2013

Final Blog of mine... Harsimran Darhan

  From the simple trip to the Neilson Creative Art Centre, to the final presentation, this process was nonetheless one of the most interesting experiences of mine. At first I thought "Yay I get to draw what I want for one day", but I then realized it was much more than that. To start off I would like to "blog" what my favourite part was. Blogging. Funny, that I'm blogging about liking to blog. Blogging was my favourite part because I had the chance to talk about my peers' pictures, my pictures and overall my experience. So here I have it, my final blog.

  Might I say that the Neilson Creative Art Centre is a wonderful building, showing many different pictures by famous artists. After visiting it on the first day, I enjoyed it. It was calm, relaxing, and I had a fun time drawing. After a few months though, I learned that we would be going back there. In our Drama Dance and Music class, we started to create spoken word poems based on one huge topic. Human Rights. It turns out that human rights was the theme of Creativity Rocks. 

  Spoken Word was new to me. I had never written or performed it, or that's what I thought. Anyways, after creating the poems, we got into our groups. Members in my group were: Debbie, Baarath, Shazi, Baseer and I. Debbie, Baarath and I decided to act while Shazi and Baseer decided to speak. Our performance seemed cool, but had a strong message. Our topic was : Everyone has the right to be free and receive information.

  So far, I was enjoying what Creativity Rocks was planning for us. But I still had one question. How did creating drawings at first relate to human rights in anyway? I was confused at first but I was interested too much to care. It turned out that we were going to perform at the Centre on the final showcase. We had quite a few rehearsals before the big day.

  Then came the final performance. It was on Wednesday April 17th. Our class had chosen to wear the colour green. Mr Orszulik's class and Ms.Walton's class chose to wear black and blue. Once we had arrived at the centre, the classes started to rehearse. One huge thing I noticed was the fact that the famous paintings on the walls were replaced by our own drawings! I noticed mine on the wall and got a picture taken with me standing beside it. There was a small attendance at the centre, but that just meant only a few people were about to witness our amazing acts. A nice thing that was given to us was a free diner, with pizza and juice. Anyways when it was my turn to perform, I felt a little worried that I'd mess up. It turned out that the performance went well.

  Well there you have it. My final blog. I liked working with Creativity Rocks, but I had a few questions left un-answered. Overall it was a magnificent experience that I've never had a chance to do before.

Below is a picture of me and my painting. Hope you enjoyed my blogging!



No comments:

Post a Comment