Tuesday 19 March 2013

Georgette's MASTERPIECE - Joshua's thoughts

When I was scrolling through the pictures, wondering which one to comment on, this one just leaped right out. It is just so fantastic that at that time I HAD to comment on it. This picture is just such a masterpiece, one of the best I have ever seen in my history of the Neilson Creative Arts Centre. I will tell you right off the bat, there are very, very few people I know that can create something like this.

 
Looking at this picture, it makes me think of the ideal, Caribbean/Hawaiian sunset. The palm trees in obviously make it tropical, and the clear ski, the birds, and the beautiful blue and and green sky just make it look like the stereotypical Tropical scene. The reason why I think of Hawaii is because all my life, my childhood dream was going on a trip there, and even further, living there. So whenever I see a scene like this, it just reminds me of it. I infer that you, Georgette, grew up in a Caribbean, or tropical country, where see this a lot more the most people. I think this because the passion, and the reality of the picture is just so real that you must have seen a scene like this in real life before in order to draw it so vividly. So my questions are: did you grow up in a Caribbean/Tropical Country? If you did, did you use a real memory to draw this amazing picture? But if you did not, where did you get your inspiration, or memory?

I think the colour usage, objects, and well, your picture is just amazing. You put everything into great detail, making it so real. I really like the sun, and the reflection of the sun on the water. This makes the sunset so real. Also, in my opinion the sun is the perfect size for the sunset. The palm trees on the mini island of dirt are fantastic and very real looking. But, they are black and dark green, not the usual brown and light green. Why did you do this? Was it for the mystery of it, the fact that it is getting dark, would look cooler that way, what? One thing that I notice, that people may not notice after a quick glance is the birds in the background. These birds, whatever they are, totally add to the picture and make it that much more realistic. The sky....amazing!!! This, along with the water make the picture, a MASTERPIECE. The sky is just perfectly blended, the colours in the right place, the shading, amazing. And finally, the water. The perfect blend of brown, yellow, blue, and green make the water extremely realistic, and amazing. Also, the reflection on the water from the sun (already mentioned this) is just perfection. Do you think this high of your own picture? Higher or lower?

This reminds me of two pictures that I saw at the Neilson Creative Art Centre when I was in grade 4. Mrs, Haider, my teacher sat in front of a picture showing two scenes, one with a boat on the water during the day, and the other with the boat on the water during sunset. From that she drew a picture with a beautiful sunset, much like yours, though not as good. (Don't tell her that)

I infer that your original picture you chose in the gallery was the fiery red/orange abstract picture, or, a picture with a boat in the water (I think there was one there). I think it might be the fiery red/orange because the colour of your sky, also resembles the colour of the picture, and that would explain where you got some of the inspiration from. But then again, it might be the one with the boat in the water because looking at your first one, the background is completely blue, as well as the water in this one. I just don't know. Can you tell me what the picture you chose in the gallery was?

All in all, your picture was really good, and fun to comment on. Good luck with art in the future. And.... I think I have said enough so BYES! :-)


P.S. I think you should show your picture to Mrs. Walker


P.P.S I am know for my long posts so... PROOF :-)




2 comments:

  1. Hey Georgette! I like sunsets and the beautiful colours in it,and when i saw your amazing drawing i was amazed. All the colours that you used to draw your drawing just nicely went together. I like how you used warm colours for the sunset and blended some cool colours for the water.I also like how some portions are lighter and some are darker.

    This drawing shows a lot of artistic elements and hard work. I like how u drew the sun's reflection on the water. I also like how the sun goes from dark to light. The palm trees add a nice touch to the painting because if it was just a sunset it would have looked like any sunset at any lake or ocean. with the palm tress it gives the drawing that whole Caribbean feel because in Canada we have sunsets like this but we don't have palm trees.With the palm trees it shows that the sunset is in a nice warm country.

    I like how you used red and orange for the sky. what an AMAZING choice because those two colours go good together. The birds in the sky show that the place you drew is not an empty area, it shows that there is actual life on it.

    So I'm done with all the explaining and compliments and the describing. I just want to say what a NICE pic you have drawn and I hope you make more amazing drawings!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost forgot, that was me Kumaran who wrote Hey georgette!...............

      Delete