Sunday 17 March 2013

Josiah's Picture---> Sabhat's Thoughts!



Abstract art...ahh....I always enjoy looking at abstract art because it allows you to explore your mind and really let each corner or the page and every detail sink in. It gives you a chance to use your imagination and dig down a little deeper. This way you can find out what the picture means to you!

Art wise, this picture is amazing. Simple, yet, I really liked it. It stood out to me. It was different. I really like the way you used emphasis and unity. I think it was a great idea to make the back side of the triangular prism and pentagonal prism (not sure if that's right) a bit darker than the front. An excellent use of shading to make it more 3D and realistic. What strikes me is how you decided NOT to leave it at just that. You created lines (curly and straight) coming out of the middle (adding more to the emphasis aspect). Similar to the last picture I blogged about, you used some cool colours but still maintained the overall warm feel. 


Now, let's talk about your picture. Well, it reminds me of a picture I've seen which I will post below. It says that "People are worried about a zombie apocalypse when we're already in one." Then, you see a picture of people on their phones making no real life contact at all. You might want to know how this relates to your picture. Well, your picture represents "connection" to me. It shows how we should all talk to each other regardless of race, colour, religion, beliefs, grades, athleticism, appearance, etc. We shouldn't rely on our phones and such for communication. We should stay connected. If the triangle and pentagon represent people, the lines connecting them show their relationship. Quite strong, if you ask me. As we further indulge ourselves into technology, all the ropes/strings begin to get cut (oh no!) and the two people (who were once best friends) have no real life relationship. It tells me that we need to stay connected and not isolate ourselves from the world.
 Here's the picture:



 They tell you to go outside and play, not "go outside and play temple run 2." Might sound lame, but, that's what I think of.

Oops! I almost forgot to ask you some questions (more forms of communication)! What does this picture mean do you? It may seem like a simple question, but remember "simple yet effective." Besides your picture is extremely open ended and could mean something completely different to you then it does to me (but that's the beauty of it). Why did you choose a pentagonal prism and a triangular prism? Do the shapes have any significance? Do the colours of the shape have any significance? Were the lines something that you randomly put there or did you have any thoughts in mind? Did you pull the idea out of thin air or did you have an idea prior to drawing this? If you could, what would you change about your picture? Or would you leave it the same? Was this your first or second picture? 

Well, this was a fun blog to write, it started to make me sound really old school (but that's okay). I'm just trying to make a point here! Some would expect me to be advertising talking and communication because...well....I like to talk! Your picture could also represent teamwork and how you have to sometimes chill out and co-operate with others (even if you don't exactly agree). I really like your picture, the yellow in the background was a nice choice....in fact....the whole colour scheme was nice! I would say this picture was simple yet effective. Ugh, now comes the hard part, ending the talking (or typing-whatever you want to call it). Since this blog has kind of been about the simple yet effectiveness of things, I guess I'll go with a simple (and hopefully effective) good bye. Bye!

P.S. This P.S thing is fun yet tiring.

P.P.S.Here's Josiah's other picture! Very pattern-y (that's not a word...well, it's a "special" word)! I like patterns very much, so I'm glad you added that component to this drawing (I see you stuck with the yellow background)!


No comments:

Post a Comment