Tuesday 19 March 2013

Mrs. Waltons MASTERPIECE - Joshua's thoughts

Well... here I am, commenting on Mrs. Walton's picture, but, it's not really a picture, more like a masterpiece, yes, a masterpiece sounds about right. I'm commenting on Mrs. Walton's masterpiece because being as awesome as it is, it attracted my eye, drawing me too it, almost like it was seeking attention, like it wanted to be talked about it. Also, Mr. Cornell said to comment on a students picture, but being the rebel I am, I decided to comment on this teacher's masterpiece. (I am also trying to flatter Mrs. Walton into giving me better marks, don't tell her that). It actually is amazing though.

Now onto the picture. When I first look at this picture, in the top left corner, I see a Ferris Wheel, that has the containers, or baskets coloured in a Peacock colour. The Peacock colour I am talking about is the blue, green, and yellow in between, what I think is, the brown spokes. When a Peacock open its full feathers for show, the main colours that show up are the green, blue, and yellow. What I wonder is what was Mrs. Walton trying to draw? Or was she just drawing abstractly and that’s how that part of the picture turned out? Can you answer that for me Mrs. Walton?

Another huge part of the picture is the big brown circle in the middle with a tail sticking out of it. When I look at most pictures, I can look at objects and make a connection to what it looks like, but this object, no. Thinking about if for a couple of minutes, I still can't think of what it might be. Once again, I infer that Mrs. Walton was drawing abstractly again and she just went with the flow, and that’s how it turned out. But Mrs. Walton definitely must think it looks like something. Something in her memory caused her to draw that. Therefore, my question is what caused you to draw that object? What influenced you? There is one thing I can make out in that circle. Those black/dark brown objects look like tree's. Is that what you were intending to draw Mrs. Walton? Or is it something else?

I'd just like to comment on the background colour. The blue I think definitely fits with the rest of the picture, especially the two objects. All of it just goes together so nicely. The green in the two corners of the picture, and by the tree at the bottom, definitely add a lot to the picture and make it that much more out there.

So my biggest question is, what was the picture you chose in the gallery? I infer it is an abstract picture that you chose because it would make sense that an abstract picture would cause you to make such a beautiful masterpiece. Though I also infer that you are an abstract artist because just briefly looking at your second picture it is also abstract. Do you think of yourself as an abstract artist?

To conclude, this picture is great, way better then I could ever do. Congrats, and keep on making amazing art!

 
P.S. I am know for writing unnecessarily long pieces of writing so... proof, I guess. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment