Friday 15 March 2013

The Tashifa Times-Ameena's Art

 Today, in the Tashifa Times, we have one article by me (like always)! I made a newspaper dedicated to commenting on art work- that I really, really like! This art work is actually from our own blogs, and today the one who gets the pleasure of being talked about is Ameena Khan. So, let's get this going! I'll be nice.    

Art Corner

Ameena Khan, I barely know your personal tastes! But, I have decided I like you already! You see, from the small list of things I adore, there is space! You did two whole paintings on space! Yay! They are really thought provoking. 
When I see your painting, there's not a thing that I would change. 'Cause their amazing, just the way they are. And when you draw stars that shoot across the sky. The whole world stops and stands for a while. 'Cause painting, your amazing. Just the way you are.
Ya, I bet I could get a record deal for that. Just one of my many talents (failures T.T). So, I'm going to show some extra love for your paintings. When I look at them, seriously, I'm in awe. They make you imagine a world beyond the limits of ours. A whole universe! The concept of the painting makes me smile. You Ameena, are really good at capturing something beautiful. I like how in the first painting you showed the Earth, and a shuttle on the moon. Then, filled that empty space between the moon and Earth with shooting stars. Beautiful. The shading is also really nice. How, you didn't add the blue in the Earth, but kept it green. Yet, to show differences, you did a great job with shading. There beside the shuttle, I just noticed a man. That's just really nice. A space exploration, and to top it off a great show of shooting stars. Even though the man is faceless, and looks like a typical stick figure, his position seems to be expressing happiness. I also like how you kept it simple, and left the mind of the viewer to take the painting into detail. Hey, Ameena, what did YOU feel while painting this?
Now, let's not forget about your awesome imitation of a meteor shower. The colours are perfect, and seem to, somehow, work together, I like how you also chose to have more diversity in the background colours. It really allows the whole painting to shine. The streak that's behind the meteors is really nice, it gives off a nice affect. Making it look as if it's going fast, movement! So pretty! This one makes me feel all giddy, I really want to see a meteor shower one day. It also looks fast paced, and bright. Both paintings, though, giving me a feeling of curiosity. Ameena, I'm not sure if you're giving a story, but just a message. On the beauty of the world. I really like your paintings, they shine like the stars and the moon, and the fire streaked path of the meteor. Wait, I just realized, is it an asteroid? Oh well, really pretty indeed.
I always wanted to go into space, but then I was scared I met get lost and die. Happy ending! Yet, Ameena really captured a nice image. Hey, do you adore space like me? :D

Hey, I actually sounded like a sane, almost intelligent person during most of this article! Cool! No artistically challenged-ness here! Hey, another cheesy art joke: The Mona Lisa was brought up in court on charges of murder,-but it turned out that she'd been framed... 
Art, so wonderful, you can make anyone feel any way. I love to see it, hate (actually, toning it down to dislike) to do it. Another challenge we face everyday (especially since it's a subject in school) ... So, bye!   



2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, and I wanted to go out in space too but same fear of getting lost.I do like learning about space,it amuses me.So much out there to learn about and still to discover!

    - Amina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way you changed the song "just the way you are" into a song about space and Amina being amazing..: ) -Malaika

    ReplyDelete