Friday 15 March 2013

The Tashifa Times-Maliaka's Art 

Today, our one and only (literally) reporter Tashifa Imtiaz visited a website! Hooray! Well, let's fake this as if it was an art gallery! Our brilliant reporter, (who knows just as much about art as insert someone clueless about art here) Tashifa Imtiaz, will be telling us about some of the work that really spoke to her. So read on! 

Art's Corner




    When the sound of art calls, I run away from it, -as far as possible! Yet, while searching the art gallery (our blogs), I found something that really stood out to me! Miss Maliaka, I don't know your last name, your art is beautiful. Believe me, I hate making art, but looking at it is easier! You clearly have a talent for this subject. You see, in my experience at the Neilson Art Centre, I too had done something similar to the sun and such, and I am astonished by your skills. Maliaka, dear friend, -that I don't know too well-, I've seen your work before, like while in Ms. Walton's room for DDM (don't ask how), and I always thought you were talented. So, now, enough praising, and to the paintings. 
    The first one, it has such a brilliant mix of colours! I'm going to be poetic, and sound smart and less snotty! The many shades of purple, remind me of the sublime aroma of the lavender flower. It's definitely pleasing. Back to my snotty language, it's hard work sounding smart!I really like how you did the hills, the shading is really well done. When I look at the silhouettes, it's almost...as if a small cloud of calm has floated upon me. The picture complements every element of itself so well. The colours, and the shapes fit in like a puzzle with no absolute order. I can only assume as if it's night, not exactly sure which point.Yet, the colours remind me of almost sunrise. Your painting is giving me mixed emotions, a sudden calmness, an eerie feeling, and also feeling lost. I think the lost feeling is for that there in no definite place you have made, and how it almost seems unrealistic? The trees are beautiful as well, there aren't too many trees, letting the painting feel open. I also really like how you made a few swirls on the branched, it makes the painting flow all the much better. The characters in the painting, even though their silhouettes, seem to show a lot of detail. I can see one of them is a girl with curly hair, and the other could be a  boy. It seems to be telling a story, and looks as if the curly haired girl is helping up the other person. But, the painting is an amazing piece of art all the way!
  Now, I loved both your paintings, so I'm commenting on both! You can clearly see the resemblance between both paintings, the swirls, sun, hills and the silhouettes. Ahhh, I see the silhouettes have walked off, and there's some love in the air. Cute! Your colours changed, but again have the same affect, of calmness. This picture sends me a more warm and comfortable feeling, possibly since you used more warm shades than cool (unlike the other painting). The sun, the way the colours work and everything, makes me feel as if I'm on Earth or on some alien planet! I just love how everything somehow balances, even though the sun's huge, and the people small (wait, that's how it is in real life), everything seems to work. You know how I feel, but what did you feel wile making this? How did your thought prcess work while making tis?
   Art is such a weird language, reminds me of French, except easier to understand and relate to. I guess it all depends on how the person sees it and how they then feel it! I'm so glad I didn't get in to this; people would feel barf coming up their throats. But Maliaka, your painting are gorgeous and I guarantee you are not artistically challenged! 

   So, that was the story of the amazing paintings. I have learned today that art...is very nice to look at, and painful to do yourself! Oh well, it really is a wonder how these people do it! Magicians...ahhh...oh well! Wait! Lame art joke for you: Why was the art dealer in debt?- He didn't have any Monet    
Haha....Bye! 


3 comments:

  1. You've seen my art in DDM?? How??! You wrote a lot of thoughtful things about my art , my friend.Thanks :D & i really didn't have any emotions on me at that time, what ever came in my head , I put down on the paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, i have too, it's totally not stalkerish....Seriously though, we saw that one scrapbook (kid of) thing you made for Ms.Walton before the winter break. It has a candy cane at the end, that said something like "Take." so I assumed that I could well...take. Hehe, but don't worry, I didn't. It was a really cool idea. That would be how we saw it.

      P.S. I really liked that part where you put random sweet quotes, it was really cute.

      Delete
  2. I agree about one thing you wrote there, that the shading of colors that she did looked really beautiful.Like the green in the sun really stood out.

    -Amina

    ReplyDelete