Sunday 17 March 2013

Femi's Picture-------Harsimran's Thoughts


Femi, your picture is simply unique and interesting. It's a combination of dark colors with light colors, straight lines and spirals. The first thing that caught my eye was the dark circle in the center of you picture. To me that is the vocal point. Wouldn't you agree? In your comments you wrote that one of your pictures started out as an apple. I'm guessing this is the one.  I see the dark red on the outer layer, but then you started to use lighter colors which changed the apple into something new. At first I didn't know what it was. Then I thought it was some sort of vortex or an opening to a new dimension.

I agree that using light green as your background really made the "vortex" stand out. Then I saw the straight lines you drew, which in my perspective look like a net. The dark blue and purple lines also stood out from the background. my theory was that the vortex or black hole is trying to suck everything in, but by placing the net on top, it will catch everything that's being sucked in. Were you actually picturing it as a net, or was it simply to make it more abstract?

The squiggly lines that you drew around the so called "apple", made me think that you were simply drawing what you wanted to (free hand) which I think helps people see this in many different ways. Maybe it was the wind that was there while everything was being sucked in. your picture reminded me of space, where there are black holes that are trying to suck everything in but then there is always a solution, which in your case would be the net.

Overall I really thought your picture was cool and very interesting, oh and not forget abstract. I can't wait to ask you what the picture really was about.

P.S. I wonder what you wrote on the back of your picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment