Sunday 17 March 2013

Gregory's Picture--------- Harsimran's Thoughts


   Greg, mind if I call you Greg? The first time I saw your picture, I thought to myself, what is it? After giving it another close look, I started to see what your picture was about. Might I start with saying yellow was an excellent choice for your background. So bright, and it drew my attention. At the top, I see you put people that are "on strike." That reminded me of what was going on with the teachers and the government. The second figure on you picture was holding a sign that said "20%." I thought to myself, maybe the workers were not getting enough pay.

   At the bottom of your picture I noticed people that were in danger. My guess is that they are in a fire? Anyways the thing that struck me most was the car in the middle of the picture. Beside the car, there were two things that were green. I didn't know what they were until I got the story. The car drove through the portal to get to the other side, ignoring the bad things that were happening around it (the strike and fire.) Might I say that that must have been one courageous thing that the driver did. After all, you did draw a speech bubble saying "YOLO." I'm guessing he or she didn't want to drive through but then thought to themselves "You only live once." Did you get the idea of the driver doing the "courageous thing" from February's theme, courage? If you did, it totally makes sense.

  Another guess of mine was that the driver of the car was the boss of the workers, and he accidentally set a fire and was trying to escape. I thought of this because I saw the figure in the top-right hand corner. He or she is saying "calm down, I got this." He or she was holding a basketball or a "fire-ball" and I think was going to use it to stop the driver from escaping.

  Anyways, I liked how you used contrasting colors (such as red and green.) I saw your picture as being abstract but having that possibility of it really happening. I enjoyed my trip and hoped you did too. I would really like to see pictures that you create in the future (So I could comment on them as well.) Overall I thought your picture was really cool and I hope you can explain what was really happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment