Monday 11 March 2013

TK's Picture---Abdul's Thoughts




TK, to start off, I would just like to say that your picture looks amazing.  You used such a simple drawing style, but produced excellent results.  One thing that makes your picture so great is the message behind it and the “What is it to you?”  At first, I thought it was just there for randomness, but when I thought just a little bit about your picture, it made perfect sense.  This picture provides a truly important message.  Did you think about the meaning behind “What is it to you?” or did you unintentionally put it in just out of randomness and fun?  I heard that your class didn’t get to go to the actual Art Center, but rather did the program in class.  Have you been to the actual center?  If so, how do you find doing the program at the center, vs. doing it in class?  Is it better, or worse?  Personally, one thing I don’t like about going to the center is the commute because by the time we arrive, there is only a little bit of time left; however, what makes up for it is the gallery and set-up/environment of the center.

You might be wondering what message I am talking about so I shall explain.  In our world, everyone is different, no two groups, or even people in a group, for that matter, are the same.  So the question arises, “What is normal and right?”   Well, the visible majority becomes right and thus many are “abnormal.”  These “abnormalities” cause disputes, and discrimination.  They start off with little things and eventually become enormous conflicts.  In our world, there is a lot of discrimination, and your picture shows just what should be thought, “What is it to you?”  In your picture, the two shapes have similarities and differences.  One is red, and one is blue.  One is circle and one is rectangle.  One it this and one is that.  It is similar to our world where all humans are basically the same, but have slight differences which are made a big deal.  “He is black, and he is white.”  She is Jewish and she is Catholic.”  “He is this and he is that.”  It is the same concept.  Both figures are also sad, which shows just what happens when there is discrimination; sadness spreads, among all.  Your message at the bottom just ties it all together, “What is it to you?”  It is like the ice cream on a cone.  It just brings everything together and magnifies the greatness.  It tells us what we should really think about when there is discrimination, “What IS it to us?”

Your border also shows a similar concept as there are only four triangles, among numerous circles.  They are the minority, over powered by the majority.  This is similar to our world.  Furthermore, although the minority has something in common (in this case, being triangles), they too have their differences (in this case, not all four are the same colour).  This is a great representation of what really happens.  Furthermore, the shapes aren’t mixed in together, but are rather living in pockets, just like what happens in cities.  People who have things in common live together.

Overall, I think your artwork is both great, and beholds a great message that we all need to understand.  I would really like to know what you thought about the program being in school vs. the center.  Anyways, that’s all for now,


---------Abdul



P.S.         At first, I thought you were just fooling around with the SpongeBob reference of “What’s it to you.

P.P.S.      People were complaining about how my other posts were too long so I made this one shorter.

P.P.P.S.   What is your real name?  I heard it’s very long.




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the feed back. I did this picture because it just was in my mind so i drew the picture. Then i put so light color then just make it look good to me and everyone.I use circle and a rectangle because that was the shape that just gave to me mind.i was very happy I finish my master piece. Then I wrote what's it-to you? because people may have different through about his drawing. My name is Thirukkumaran

    ReplyDelete