Thursday 20 December 2012

The Neilson Art Center blog by Baseer Yousufzai 8G



Blog #1-The Neilson Art Centre
           
            Hello bloggers, this is Baseer, starting my first ever blog post. Today, I’m going to tell you about a field trip our class went to, about a few weeks ago. First off, we sat down when the whole staff introduced themselves and then told us to grab some imagination and put them in our head. Yes, it sounds weird but it got us exited on what were going to do next. We entered an art gallery which they told us to pick a drawing and describe it with the five senses with it. We then went to an art studio and took several aspects from the painting we chose and brought on the paper (e.g., shapes, color etc).

          My 1st drawing looks a lot the three guardians of the Hoenn region (in a game) with a lot of different shapes that I spoofed in my creation. I called my drawing, ‘’The Hidden Land’’, because this stuff would be a secret to the public and only be seen in a dream. My drawing overall was supposed to represent tranquility because of the light colors. What do you see in this picture? Try looking at it sideways or upside down as well.

          My 2nd drawing, in my opinion, looks completely different than my 1st painting. It looks like a happy, colorful, forest right? WRONG! This whole place could make your adventure stop here. The colorful trees are a powerful hallucinogen that makes you see things. The tall mushrooms are very poisonous when consumed; the only antidote is to leave the forest, as the poison will degrade after additional vitamin D. Also, the happy clouds smiling at you are actually hiding a vicious thunderstorm. Creative or what? Any-who we actually got to meet an artist who made one of the drawings in the gallery. She told us how she made her art and we realized how hard it was to make a piece of artwork on a regular sized piece of paper. Overall, the Neilson Art Center was a great place to express your imagination without being graded. Comment on what you see in the two drawings and try looking at an angle. What do you see?
                                                                                          By Baseer Yousufzai 8G






















6 comments:

  1. Great blog, interesting how your font changes. I like your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baseer
    Thanks for your first blog! And for all the imagination you got hold of.
    You ask what we see in your drawings. To me the first drawing is like an exploration into your Hidden Land, with fascinating games figures in an all-over design. The second drawing has much more focus in form and content. The design is more symmetrical, but at the same time there are strong contrasts that make for a very exciting and colourful drawing.
    Austin
    The Milkweed Collective

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome blog! I really love your descriptions of the pictures! Such a unique writing style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Blog! I like how you used your imagination in creating your two pictures. As a "former" Pokemon player, I could really tell what you were thinking. In your first picture I liked the drawings/figures you made, such as the alive tree. The birds and clouds were really nice too. I like how you made it fictional and used different shapes. The way I see it is that it's a regular afternoon/morning while the Pokemon are relaxing and having a good time. Might I ask what is the diagonal line that is in your first picture?

    In your second picture I see that you changed the time in the day. The Sun is now dark orange. It's hard to believe that the happy clouds are hiding a thunderstorm behind them. Great imagination! Can I ask what are the orange stripes that are in your picture? I thought they were a taste of the "mind changing" trees. I liked your picture. Maybe next time you should make a picture that shows night time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I can answer one of your questions. I was in Baseers group. The blue diagonal lines were by accident. He said he did them when he was coloring.

      Delete
  5. Hey Baseer! As a fellow gamer, I can see what you did in the first picture. You have Regice, Regirock, and Registeel, the three guardians as you said. I think that is pretty cool. The name is hidden land so i'm guessing they are like the guardians of the land. When I see it, I feel like i'm dreaming. It's like a part of a video game, and it seems real, instead of pretend. Very cool.

    I think your second picture is very creative. To think it is actually bad and evil instead of happy and nice. You always have to remember that things aren't always as they seem. I was wondering why you chose those pokemon for your picture? I also wanted to know, why did you decide to make it an illusion. Instead of just being all happy, why is it secretly bad? The idea is awesome, but just wondering why you came up it with it. In the end, both of your pictures are really cool, and i like how you related them to things you like. I know you really like pokemon, and mario, so it's nice that you incorporated them.

    ReplyDelete