Thursday 20 December 2012

My Not-So-Great-Passion-For Art

Tashifa
     Once upon a time, a little girl travelled with her fellow classmates through the bus route, and walked through a nice neighbourhood, to get to an amazing place, they called the NEILSON ART CENTRE! The journey was tough, and rough, but the children made it to this wonderful place. Yet, little did this little girl know that her dislike for art would lead her to find new hope and inspiration....and could it be that possibly she is not a bad artist....you will soon find out as the journey continues...
    My dear people reading this story, you see I'm not a fan of art. Anyone who knows me well enough would know. I have made a name for people my kind, "Artistically Challenged." Are you with me? Yet, I don't think all art is bad, like the only problem with art is.....here's a not-so-secretive-secret, I'm really bad at it. Hmmm, to think of it, not all, mostly drawing. I like painting, though....(continues to think). Its easy if the colours blend...no one will know how bad it actually is! For me,- I'm sure you are an amazing artist smirking at this.
    Anyway, when we went  to the Neilson Art Centre, i was a bit scared to show my work....cause....well....seems like everyone else in my class is better at art, or doesn't care. Specially, since some people are willing to speak their minds when it comes to criticism. So, I inferred (smart way to say guess...ohh la la) that this would be a complete disaster for me. Anyone else feel this way before a special subject? Guess what though!? It wasn't, it was actually the funnest from all hundred times I went to the Neilson Art Centre, I'm kidding, It's a fun place. Good thing, they aren't your art teachers, you aren't graded on this! YAAAAAAA!!! So, I was pretty glad no body in particular was going to tell me that I didn't blend right, or use that technique or blah blah blah....
     Now, I had a very smart idea! You see, I decided to force myself to make it "lookable (like edible but instead for the eyes)." I'm a genius, but I don't know for sure, because no one was going to tell me it was ugly. :D Let's just go with I'm a genius! So, I inferred that maybe if I just forced myself to make it nice and like art, than just say it over and over again, it would turn prettier! Ya! It worked....sort of...I wouldn't know, but the very nice lady...(forgot her name, I'm generally bad with names) seemed to like it enough. I don't know about my group....I' rather not. Has anyone ever wanted to literally "run away from bad news?'
    Well, actually....all in all....I love their cookies, and their people, and their ways of not telling me if it's ugly....they are such wonderful people for saving me the trouble of being grumpy! Anyway, I loved my painting at the end (love is an overstatement), but it was lookable! I love the Neilson Art Centre, for their fun ways and nice staff! I can't remember their names....curse you memory of names... but i really had fun! Thank you for the experience, oh, and Mr.Cornell thank you to...for not looking at my art work, and if you did not saying anything! Oh, ya, and thanks for taking us there. It wouldn't be the same if we didn't go every year. It's like a fun tradition! Thank you all, I feel like I got an award and am saying my speech. Either way I was surrounded by such amazing, artistic, people, thank you!
    P.S My group members, your painting were also very lookable! Did anyone understand what I just wrote?
    P.P.S It was really fun....
    P.P.P.S I really like how this P.S thing works....oh an hoped you enjoy.
    P.P.P.P.S I can't think of anything right now....so the typical...be sure to post comments and follow me on Facebook....wait can you follow someone on Facebook? I don't have a Facebook! Oh well, instead of another P.S, I'll say the Neilson Art Centre is very fun!


    The girl discovered here that art was such a special thing, and if you mean your art work, it will be beautiful. The little girl wasn't a great artist, but she could be for she meant something in her art. That was what made it beautiful. 
The Neilson Art Centre: A Place Where Dreams Come True, (isn't that for something else though) - Artistic Dreams. Filled with inspirational art work, people and imagination that will show you what art really is. ;D

5 comments:

  1. Nice blog Tashifa! I think you should add your pictures so everyone can see your (awesome) lookable artwork! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tashifa,
    Thanks for your story! I shall forward your discovery about A Place Where Dreams Come True to the people at the Neilson Art Centre.
    Austin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Hi Tashifa,

    How ya doing? I'm just kidding, you know I don't care! Just kidding once more, I definitely do care about my friend's health. Okay...on to business. Can I start off by saying I really love the way you put it into this story format. Second of all, I can totally relate to your blog (that's a good thing!). For me, I prefer pastels, because they easily blend with bright, beautiful colours. Painting, for me, usually turns out a disaster (but that's okay, you know what they say "no disaster, no gain"). Actually....it's no PAIN, no gain....but anyways.

    In all my years knowing you, I've learned that you enjoy creating sunsets and silhouettes (both start with "s", just like MY NAME...). Back to business, I see that in this painting you have combined both!

    Personally, I like the first one. The colours, the lightness and delicateness, all adds up into a delightful composition. It reminds me of the song "Walking on Sunshine." In the song she mentions something about feeling good. WHAT IS SHE THINKING?! If you walk on sunshine you will not feel good! In fact, you will probably feel nothing because you will be burnt into ashes in a matter of seconds.

    Sabhat's rule of safety: Do not walk on sunshine.

    Back to your picture, I know you like sunshine, but what exactly inspired your art? Also, what inspired the second picture? What does the second picture represent? To me, it looks like those 2 people have gone through a large amount of despair. Maybe battling through some sort of sickness? Close to the end of the battle, the family realizes that while fighting, they are losing precious moments which they could be spending together. In the end, they accept that they should cherish these last moments. They then hug each other while watching the sunset. It's one of those touchy-feely moments.

    If you made a third picture, what would the scene be? Who are those 2 people watching the sunset? Father-daughter? Mother-son? Or maybe someone else?

    Anyways nice pictures and story. I shall end now.

    Bye!

    -Sabhat

    P.S. I just had to give it a try.

    P.P.S "Dreams come true" is for Disney land/world I believe.

    P.P.P.S Adios! (one of the only Spanish words I know)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello Sabhat Khan! Greeting from Earth...but you are on Earth! So, the thing that inspired me was this painting where there was a forest and these beautiful, colourful clouds. Thanks so much for your feedback, I really like yours. If I had a third one it would be a waterfall. Those people are just generally people...ya...! Those people...hmm

    You see the thing was how the sun is such a powerful thing, beautiful and yet disastrous. Also, that a sunset is so common but it is not noticed. Because it is so beautiful. I wanted to shed light on the picture. Ya and thanks. I loved yours! BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete